One of my 2019 resolutions is to make more. I love creating something out of nothing, love exercising my imagination, and I love the sense of accomplishment I get when I can successfully translate my vision out of my head and onto paper (or increasingly, the screen!) There’s really few feelings like it, and in 2019 I want to reconnect with that feeling a lot more regularly.
I also believe that creativity is a muscle; that the more I use it, the easier it is to tap into and utilise. Building up a habit of making regularly, no matter how small, makes it easier for me to get into a state of creative flow and keeps me open to inspiration.
There are a number of creative goals I want to accomplish in 2019:
- More illustrations! At least an illustration every month. Follow along with my illustration journey.
- Finish and share my Space Adventures project. This is a personal project that I started in 2018 to imagine the internet for a space-faring age.
- Make something with my hands. Maybe out of wood.
- Make and share a free design or UX resource
- Make and share a paid design or UX resource
- Do a creative collab where I make something with a friend
The idea behind publicly stating these intentions is that I’ll be more likely to do them because they are now out there in the wild! I’m being held accountable because I’ve now definitively stated to the world that I’m committing to these things!
So, join me! Tell me what creative goals you’re committing to this year, and put your intention into the world.